I managed to grab an opportunity to have a quick word with the inspiring writer Sophia Kaankuka, the author of “Feminism and what it is called” for a short interview.
1. Hi, mam can you please introduce yourself so that the audience can know you better.
I am Sophia Kaankuka by name, I am a freelance writer and I live in Nigeria.
2. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Yes, I wanted to be a writer since I starred writing motivational quotes at the age of 17 .
3. What inspired you to start writing?
My zeal to motivate others with my work inspired me to start writing.
4. How long have you been writing?
I would say 2 years.
5. Where do you get your inspiration?
From Wonderful Women writers like Chimamanda Adichie and the likes.
6. On a typical day, how much time do you spend writing?
For me, writing can be a mood, provided I am ready to put down something. I also try my best to put down any idea in mind before I construct sentences.
7. Tell us about your first published book? What was the journey like?
My first published book was “It’s You Afterwards” . The journey was splendid because that was the first time I published on Amazon.
8. What was your favourite part, and your least favourite part, of the publishing journey?
It was a great journey with Challenges and Strengths alike..
9. How do you come up with the title of your book?
From the ability to love oneself and to believe that you’re unique and powerful.
10. What time of the day do you usually write?
At any time I am prepared to do so 🙂
.11. Where can readers purchase your book?
They can find and purchase my books on Amazon.
12. Are you on social media and can your readers interact with you?
Yes, I am. My social media handle is @sophiakaankuka_author
13. Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
To all aspiring writers all around the world, you should never limit yourself at all- Always be ready for the challenges that life would offer <3.
14. What is the significance of the title of your book?
My new work titled ‘Feminism and what it is called’ is a book that talks about Women and Men can take part in the nation’s building and economic development together.
15. Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?
Yes, I am. It is titled ‘Procrastination – The Thief of Time’ talks about how to get rid of procrastination to achieve one’s goals. It contains helpful tips required to push one forward in their lives.
16. What does success mean to you? What is the definition of success?
Success for me is the ability to be happy about what you are doing. Success never ends, It always exists for as long as we feel utmost peace from within ourselves in all that we do.
17. Who is your favorite author?
18. What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?
Chimamanda Adichie’s writing. She writes fabulously !
19. Your Favourite book
“Power of your subconscious mind” by Joseph Murphy .
20. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
21. What was your dream job when you were younger?
A Medical doctor, An Engineer.
22. What’s your favorite food?
23. If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be.
Friends I can trust.
Fun part: Pick one
•Tea or coffee
•Hot or cold
•Movie or book
•100 Social Media friends or 2 real life friends
2 real life friends.
•Paperback or e-book